- United State Table Tennis Association rules apply to our league, which include: the requirement to use sanctioned equipment, to serve legally and to not wear clothing which is the same color as the ball. Please visit USATT.org for more details on table tennis rules.
- The league manager has sole discretion in terms of setting initial ratings and adjusting ratings to ensure players are correctly grouped.
- Players who participate in USATT events whose USATT rating exceeds their club rating, will periodically have their league ratings adjusted to their USATT rating.
- The club uses an XIOM (3 star seamed or seamless club balls) – you may play with an alternative ball only if both players agree.
- Please arrive in time for the start of league.
- Members can sign up online at www.smashtt.com/lsu until 7.00 pm. Alternatively, you can sign in at the front desk prior to 7.30 pm. No registrations will be accepted after this time.
- If you sign up in advance and can’t attend league for any unforeseen circumstance, please remove yourself from the list prior to 7.00 pm. Failure to do so may result in not being allowed to signup in advance for future league events and be subject to a penalty of 25 points per match.
- If a player is not present and ready to play a match within 5 minutes, according the order of matches printed on the playing sheet, the match is defaulted.
- Unless under exceptional circumstances, players who forfeit their matches will be subject to a penalty of 25 points per match.
- Players should only use the tables assigned to their group by the league manager for league play until all league matches are complete and other tables become available.
- Please ensure league results are correctly entered and recorded onto draw sheets at the end of the evening.
- Exhibiting good sportsmanship and being nice to your fellow players is just as important as winning the game.
- Children aged 12 and under may play in evening league but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please be mindful of behavior and language. Our club has many junior members so let’s set an example.
- Do not bring food into the playing area and keep drinks off the tables.
- No black sole shoes or shoes which may mark the floor may be used at the facility.
- Payment is due prior to commencement of play; failure to pay visitor fees or fees for any service or product may result in exclusion from the facility.
- There is no coaching permitted between games in our leagues.
Health and Safety
- While a point is in progress do not walk past the back or through a court. Please wait until the point has completed.
- If you are sitting watching or waiting to play at the back of a court be mindful of disrupting those participating in matches.
- Do not play under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- Do not smoke within proximity of the building.
- Do not bring weapons of any kind into the facility.
- Protect our equipment by only placing paddles and balls onto tables. Do not hit tables, barriers, nets or other equipment.
- Please do not sit on tables or move them without the assistance of a staff member, they are heavy and can cause serious injury or death.
- Please clean up everything you bring in including cans, bottles and dispose of any trash in our trash cans.
- Do not adjust thermostat within facility without prior consent and help of a staff member.
- Please be mindful of personal hygiene! It’s an enclosed space we play in, so share the air!!
- At the end of the evening when staff are packing away tables occasional help is appreciated (but not a requirement) – staff work hard to keep a nice playing environment for us and stay late until league is completed to clear down the playing area.
- Follow the directions of management
- Harassment, Bullying, Racism, Misogyny, being derogatory on account of religion, sexual orientation, social class are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning.
- Being disrespectful or rude to management or officers of club are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning
- Management decisions regarding the running of the club are final
- Threatening to encourage players to leave the club, undermining the management of the club, engaging in any activities which are perceived as adversely effecting the club, are grounds for dismissal from the club without warning
- Coaching either formally or informally without the permission of the club is prohibited and may result in exclusion from the facility.
- Selling of any table tennis equipment is prohibited.
- Interference with staff engaged in coaching or helping other customers is prohibited.
- Do not move equipment at the facility without prior consent and help of a staff member.
- After borrowing equipment please collect balls from floor and return loaner paddles to front desk. Please collect all personal belongings before leaving, including balls, paddles, towels, water bottles, etc.
- A robot is available for members to rent.
- Members of the club can arrange to play with other club members using the Smash Whats App. Please ask club admin for registration.
- Don’t not use multi-ball cart, unless on a court with a coach or when renting a robot
- If you have questions or concerns please address with a member of staff on duty, Smash Management, or our Smash Table Tennis Committee.
Most importantly, remember to go our there and have fun!